Thursday, April 05, 2007
Hours: 15-19 hours per week
Compensation: $10.50 per hour and the opportunity for internship credit.
The University of Texas at Austin’s McCombs School of Business is looking for a magazine intern to work on the school’s two alumni magazines. By-line opportunities and some portfolio-quality pieces guaranteed. The regular duties will include:
· Writing various articles and profiles on McCombs School activities, alumni, students and faculty members
· Conducting background research for feature stories and sidebars
· Writing and compiling briefs on major events at the school, alumni notes and obituaries for the magazine
· Copyediting magazine proofs
· Covering visiting speaker events at the school and writing wrap-ups for publication on the McCombs Web site
· Various other communications-related tasks
The McCombs School is seeking a journalism student who has completed J315 or another course establishing knowledge in AP style. Strong writing skills are essential.
To apply for this position:
REQUIRED OF ALL APPLICANTS: Send an e-mail cover letter and electronic resume to McCombs School Communications Coordinator Cory Leahy by Monday, April 23.
Include at least two writing samples, which you may submit electronically or via campus or U.S. mail. If you submit samples via conventional mail, please include a printed version of your cover letter and resume. Mail by Wednesday, April 18.
Top applicants will be called for interviews starting Thursday, April 26.
Interviewed candidates will have to pass a writing test.
Cory Leahy, Communications Coordinator
McCombs School of Business
1 University Station B6000
Austin, TX 78712-1178